A neurological rehab program is designed to meet your individual needs, depending on your specific problem or disease.
Injuries, infections, degenerative diseases, structural defects, tumors, and disorders in the circulatory system can impair the nervous system. Some of the conditions that may benefit from neurological rehab may include:
- Vascular disorders, such as ischemic strokes (caused by blood clots), hemorrhagic strokes(caused by bleeding in the brain), subdural hematoma, and transient ischemic attacks(TIAs).
- Infections, such as meningitis, encephalitis, polio, and brain abscesses.
- Trauma, such as brain and spinal cord injury.
- Structural or neuromuscular disorders, such as Bell palsy, cervical spondylosis, carpal tunnel syndrome, brain or spinal cord tumors, peripheral neuropathy, muscular dystrophy, myasthenia gravis, and Guillain-Barré syndrome.
- Functional disorders, such as headache, seizure disorder, dizziness, and neuralgia.
- Degenerative disorders, such as Parkinson disease, multiple sclerosis, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Alzheimer disease, and Huntington chorea.
To help reach these goals, neurological rehab programs may include:
- Help with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as eating, dressing, bathing, toileting, handwriting, cooking, and basic housekeeping.
- Activities to improve mobility (movement), muscle control, gait (walking), and balance.
- Exercise programs to improve movement, prevent or decrease weakness caused by lack of use, manage spasticity and pain, and maintain range of motion.
- Pain management.
Are you from Wroclaw, and are you interested in home rehabilitation? Contact me and contracts for home rehabilitation. Call 504 895 576 or write via the contact form in the contact tab.